ONU Femmes Bureau Multi – pays pour le Maghreb- Rabat
Service Contract SB2
Réf : MAR/UNW/2015/30
I. Position Information
Job code title: Finance and Executive Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Pre-classified Grade: SB2
N° Position: 106611
Duration of contract: 1 year renewal
Supervisor: Operations Manager
II. Organizational Context
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls, the empowerment of women, and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Finance and Executive Assistant is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Representative and to the operations staff through the administration and execution of a variety of activities and transactions. The Finance and Executive Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNW rules and regulations.
The Finance and Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations team, programmes and projects’ staff in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia Country Offices (CO), Regional Center (RC) and with UNW HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
III. Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Provides accounting and administrative support :
• Assist in the preparation of budget and provision of information for audit.
• Create requisitions in Atlas and ensure their budget check,
• Make receipt in Atlas for goods and services.
As an alternate of the Finance Associate:
• Review and verify accuracy and relevancy of the supporting documents for payments,
• Maintain internal expenditures control systems to ensure that travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed,
• Ensure all supporting documents on financial transactions are secured and properly filed,
• Preparation of supporting documents for timely VAT reimbursements,
• Input data in Atlas for new grants in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), for the revision of current ones and monitor status.
2 Provide administrative support :
• Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff, wherever possible.
• Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper unit/officer
• Support the UN Women Representative in administrating appointments, meetings and representation.
• Arrange travel/hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Representative,
• Under the guidance of the Operations unit, undertake logistical administrative and financial arrangements, for meetings, events and workshops,
• Maintain the roster of the UN Women Representative’s contacts for easy access and reference.
• Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
• Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
• Preparation of routine correspondence, memorandum general briefing notes and reports, translations when required
3 Supports compliance with guiding principles and rules in the area of Operations :
• Follow up on audit recommendations,
• Proper tracking and regular reporting on progress of the filling system for finance documents in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations.
4 Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance,
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
IV. Recruitment Qualifications
University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
5 years of relevant experience in administration, finance, and logistic support service.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
Fluency in Arabic and French, English will be an asset.
Les candidat(e)s intéressé(e)s peuvent envoyer leur cv, lettre de motivation ainsi que le formulaire P11 qui peut-être téléchargé à partir du site du PNUD sous la rubrique « Opportunités d’Emplois/Appels d’Offres », à l’adresse suivante : email@example.com
Toutes les candidatures reçues par d’autres voies seront rejetées ainsi que celles qui ne comportent pas le numéro de référence de l’Appel.
Le délai de soumission de candidatures est fixé au 11 décembre 2015.